A help desk manager's job basically involves leading and motivating a team of professionals within a help desk environment to deliver excellent technical and non-technical support to customers. It is the job of a help desk manager to aid the help desk team understand the how to provide high quality services to all customers and guarantee satisfaction. He or she is in contact with the customers regularly.
A help desk manager must complete the following job duties:
- Working with a team of help desk professionals to lead and supervise them
- Perform audits to evaluate quality
- Participate in the recruiting process of new professionals and
- Provide the help desk team feedback on the quality of their work
- Develop training programs for increasing business and technical knowledge of the staff
- Show active participation in various projects and initiate new processes
- Prepare schedules and work plans for team members
- Stay updated with new products, services and processes
- Train help desk team members with the use of new technology acquired and developed
- In the absence of the director, a help desk manager must take charge of the director's duties
- Prepare departmental budgets with the help desk directors
- Perform duties as assigned by higher management officials
- Conducting team appraisals and hiring new employees
Candidates with excellent oral and written communication skills have a bright future as a help desk manager.
- Must be able to handle the help desk team.
- Good time management skills and the ability to work extra hours to meet deadlines.
- Good problem solving skills along and excellent decision making skills are important.
- Must be able to handle pressure and perform well under stressful conditions.
- Must be self-motivated and show a positive attitude towards work.
- Must possess complete knowledge computer usage and software used by help desk professionals.
The average salary offered to help desk manager is $83,169. This can vary depending on your position in the firm, experience, educational qualifications and skills. Salary is also dependent on the industry a company is engaged in. Technically oriented companies may pay more for a qualified candidate.
With the number of companies increasing day by day and the rising need for a company to improve their reputation in the market, has increased the demand for help desk manager jobs. Good career growth is guaranteed. Every company needs people to help their customers quickly, professionally and efficiently to keep their good name.