From mobile companies, software, gaming, electric appliances and other companies that caters to customers inquiries, installations, trouble shooting and other issues. The utility companies also hire many employees. In the last 5 years and 10 more years onwards, these jobs are expected to increase at least 10% and they are growing fast.
Help desk jobs are available in many companies that provide technical network, hardware, and software for all their customers. They perform diagnosis, guide, and solutions by means of going over the problem and giving them step by step instructions. Help desk technicians usually work in a call center environment. The technicians are trained to give clear information and instructions in a professional and friendly way.
Help desk jobs includes network technicians and IT support. They help resolve issues if the help desk technician cannot provide a solution or address a more technical problem. The network support technicians provide personalized assistance from fixing network printers, LAN, internet and software issues. They also maintain and manage the company’s database and resolve other issues as required. The help desk technician and IT support provides information, solution, deal with billing disputes, record request, service upgrades and warranty service repairs.
Here are the help desk jobs key responsibilities and duties:
• Help desk technicians provide level one diagnosis and identify problems of the client’s personal hardware and software issues, mainframe, and other solutions to end users.
• Technicians offer problem solutions for personal computer software problems and providing one on one service over the phone.
• They assist in delivery, tagging, set up instructions and configurations peripherals, software, and hardware of the client’s personal computer.
• Provide network, local printer solutions, internet, LAN access, e-mail, log in details and other personal computer problems.
• Computer support technicians conduct service and repair of personal computers if it is covered by the vendor’s agreement.
• Technicians perform minor printer and personal computer software or hardware and other peripherals that are not covered by the maintenance agreement.
• Provide assistance in cabling systems of local area network or equipment including hubs, cards, and switches.
• Provides assistance for network technicians in creating end user F.A.Q.s or frequently asked questions materials.
Help desk jobs standards:
A help desk and network technician must have the ability to provide customer assistance over the phone and work in a call center environment. They should be able to identify, resolve and troubleshoot a wide variety of technical problems and identify between a level two and level one user. Most common level one and level two problems: solve, evaluate, and identify problems, train and instruct users of the software applications. Network assistant must also read, apply and understand complex information, computer technology, maintain working relationships, and respect for the clients.
If you seek help desk jobs, you should be able to know desktop platforms, software applications, and hardware and software principles and theories of management of network systems, products, and technology, lastly, the basic safety procedures for electrical aspects.
Help desk technicians and network technicians may be required to have a 1 year Microsoft Certified Professional course or equivalent, at least one year experience in PC support, upgrading, trouble shooting, repairing, and providing end user assistance over the phone. The applicant is also required to have a class C driver’s license.
You’re not going to get the job just because of what you are wearing but you will not get it either with what you wear. But, if you present yourself in above what is standard apparel for the particular position you are applying for then you are showing that you care about the job because of the presentation you are making. Dress conservatively and try not to look like a student during the interview. A suit is not always a must either. Research about the weather in the area you are applying for because they don’t expect you to wear a suit in the bitter cold. To be able to dress appropriately for interviews is showing the company that you know how to play the game. So try to learn more about the company’s fashion culture or you may inquire about their dress code to be on the safe side.
You can find more job listings in help desk jobs by visiting HelpDeskCrossing.com and sign up for a risk free trial today to find jobs that are just right for you!