Union Bankshares Corporation
*The hours for these two positions are 9am - 6pm and a 10am - 7pm
This position is responsible for providing first level support to end-users on hardware, software and network related problems, questions and use. Provides first-level problem resolution on the telephone with users; and walks the user through a series of steps to determine problem; classifies level, priority and nature of problem. Responsible for opening, escalating, tracking and closing trouble tickets while promoting end-user satisfaction.
• Respond to teammate support requests via telephone and email.
• Diagnose and resolve information technology hardware and software issues.
• Develop and maintain a professional level of proficiency within Information Technology.
• Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
• Capturing and documenting the details of an issue and troubleshooting steps taken in order to escalate the issue or document the identification and resolution; using a ticketing system to track and route problems and requests and document solutions.
• Work with IT teammates to research and document problem resolutions.
• Work independently to research and resolve technical issues.
• Work with IT teammates in researching and writing technical documentation.
• Maintain knowledge of IT roles and responsibilities.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Assist with maintaining hardware / software inventory.
This position reports to the Technical Support Manager.
Education & Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent and some computer training certification program.
• Degree in a computer technology field or related fields is preferred.
• Two plus years of experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Ability to communicate and interact successfully with a diverse community and to develop and maintain positive professional relationships with colleagues and staff members.
• Attention to detail.
• Creative thinking and problem solving.
• Ability to capture and communicate the context of a situation.
• Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
• Ability to delve into and achieve understanding of a problem or request in order to offer the most appropriate possible solution.
• Must be able to recognize questions that go beyond the scope of services provided by Technology Services and make accurate referrals to other service providers as needed.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and Office productivity products.
• Ability to work on multiple assignments with minimal supervision.
No relocation and no search
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
Union Bankshares Corporation
Website : http://www.ubsh.com