CoSolutions is seeking an experienced Desktop VTC Technician to work onsite at a U.S. Army direct reporting unit that conducts intelligence, security and information operations for U.S. Army commanders and national decision makers. This position is located at Ft. Belvoir, VA.
This opportunity requires a B.A./B.S. in an Information Technology field or equivalent experience
, U.S. Citizenship
and a TS/SCI with CI Poly security clearance
8570 IAT Level II Compliant: CCNA Security, CSA , GISCA, GSEC or Security CE is required.
This is full-time position that requires a minimal (approx. 5%) travel requirement.
The successful applicant will provide program support to include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Install, set up, maintain, operate, schedule, remove and modify Desktop Video Teleconferencing (DVTC) Bridge & TMS systems and AV equipment
• Determine equipment operational status and maintenance warranty service status reports.
• Resolve system operational problems by troubleshooting and performing fault isolation.
• Repair or replace faulty equipment, as required.
• Perform intricate alignment and calibration procedures to ensure maximum AV/VTC systems are operating efficiently.
• Schedule DVTC sessions, maintain a call schedule and coordinate reservation and scheduling of DVTC services with outside agencies for executive level users.
• Perform setups, test, adjustment, operation, and shutdown of equipment in support of AV/VTC sessions.
• Provide client consulting and training on control, interfaces and use of the audio/visual and VTC equipment.
• Act as an equipment custodian and perform inventory asset management and accountability functions.
• Develop solutions to complex operation problems within the capacity and operational limitations of installed equipment.
• Train technicians and end users to operate AV/VTC equipment.
• Conduct site surveys to establish DVTC/AV equipment customer requirements.
• B.A./B.S. with 5-8 years of relevant experience.
• Working knowledge and experience configuring Tandberg/Cisco Codecs.
• Understanding of basic networking.
• 4 years of applicable IT experience involving networks, communications, video conferencing, topologies and equipment and their specialized applications.
• 1-2 years of Helpdesk experience or customer support experience would be a plus.
• Ability to troubleshoot technical and complex electronic systems as associated with video conferencing and computer/network related issues.
• Can demonstrate knowledge/experience in using the video conferencing tools such as Defense Messaging System (DMS), Tandberg Management System (TMS) and related CISCO products.
• Familiarity with and can use Microsoft Windows productivity software (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook) to accomplish daily tasks.
• General technical experience in the setup, operation and troubleshooting of an IT environment.
CoSolutions, Inc. ( www.cosolutions.com
) is a SBA-approved Woman Owned Small Business ranked as one of the 20 Most Promising IT Service Management Solution Providers. CoSolutions provides tailor-made and efficient solutions for mission critical enterprise IT service management, cyber security, data center operations, applications development and program management for both Federal and Commercial customers. As one of the fastest growing Technical Services Firms, CoSolutions’ seasoned team embraces their deep roots in the industry to ensure the highest quality service and support is brought to their clientele.
We are a Equal Opportunity Employer who is dedicated to hiring and retaining a diverse work force. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee for employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.