Chantilly, VA 20151
* Provides technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software.
* Screens, refers and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems.
* Installs, configures, and upgrades computer hardware and software.
* Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support.
* Applies diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions.
* Provides troubleshooting and support.
* Assists in the administration of e-mail systems.
* Provides phone and help-desk support for local and off-site users.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
* Participates in special projects as required.
Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
0-1 years of directly related experience supporting help desk operations or customer service.
Shift schedule - needs to be flexible to support 24x7, 365 days. (possible shifts 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm, 10pm-6am).
Must possess appropriate current DOD Information Assurance (IA) certification to be considered for employment; i.e., CompTIA Security CE, or CCNA-Security. CompTIA Security CE is the preferred certification. In addition must attain the required DOD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) certification within six (6) months of hire date. Due to the sensitive nature of the work performed for this government customer, candidates must be willing to submit to and pass a polygraph
Because of the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client, all candidates must hold a TS/SCI with Polygraph.
Benefits of this Position:
* Opportunity for Fast Growth within the program
* Professional Development Assistance - Covering the Cost of Obtaining Professional & Technical Certifications (depending on program)
* Educational Reimbursement - toward degree programs and individual coursework
* 401K Match - with 100% vesting on day one
* Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
* We know work-life balance is important, GDIT offers Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays
* Parking and transit commuter benefits
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
* Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
* Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
* Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
* Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within GDIT
* Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in the United States and the world
* Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
General Dynamics is a Fortune Blue Ribbon Company and Clearance Jobs Top 10 Government Contractor.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.