Saint Paul, MN, United States
Bluecollar, Help Desk
Provides tier III technical support to CenturyLink StratGov Managed Service NOC (Network Operation Center). Work with the CTL technical teams in delivering real-time technical support while interfacing directly with our US-based and international customers in a 7 x 24 x 365 call center and engineering support environment.
- Third Shift Support - 10:00 pm to 6:00 am
- Ability to work overtime and on holidays on a rotational basis.
- Conducting complex network monitoring & Customer notification activities.
- Maintains installed systems to meet customer requirements.
- Performs various troubleshoots tasks while seeking to provide resolution for voice or data network performance and interoperability problems.
- Identifies capacity and performance issues to ensure continued, uninterrupted operation of supported network hardware and related systems.
- Maintains various network infrastructures, providing support to installation and maintenance for new and existing installations.
- Manages daily service request workloads using various ticket management systems and CTL call center applications.
- Act as technical lead to provide mentoring activities for lower tier team members. This may include leading various KT (knowledge transfer) training sessions.
- Performs monitor and analysis activities across various customer data networks.
- Provides technical support for troubleshooting, and service restoration while interfacing directly with CTL customer and carriers.
- Provides primary break/fix engineering and configuration for data systems in line with customers goals and requirements
- Assists with testing and turn-up of new circuits and/or equipment, including cross-connects and related connectivity verification activities.
- Uses various systems, software and hardware tools to identify and diagnose device health status and identify problems.
- Supports the creation of and maintains departmental methods of procedure (MOPs) and related documentation as needed.
- Isolation for cause of network outages and seeks to support service restoration activities.
- Provide IP Telephony and data support for the CenturyLink CUSTOMERS' contracts.
- Supports system configuration and management of VoIP systems, including CUCM, CUC, UCCS, Jabber & CER Programming, and management isolation of network outage causes and service restorations including understanding QOS operational characteristics.
- 3 - 5 years NOC experience supporting IP network operations centers.
- This position requires solid interpersonal skills & a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a large technical support team!
- Interfaces directly with various CenturyLink departments in maintaining customer network resiliency and while supporting reported network issues.
- Must maintain the ability to self-manage assigned job role responsibilities to achieve desired performance results.
- Acts as liaison between the customer and other network vendors or service providers while supporting high-level or escalated support issues.
- Candidate must possess solid written & verbal communication skills. Demonstrates prior experience interacting with customers.
- Candidate demonstrates experience in the use of personal computers, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute multiple tasks in a rapidly changing work environment.
- Candidate demonstrates the ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex network issues related to their support roles. (R/S, Security, VoIP etc.)
Required Education / Certifications
- Required - Cisco CCNA certifications or equivalent IT technology is required. Candidate has demonstrated technical helpdesk experience.
- Required - Cisco Unified Communications System configuration and management, including Call Manager, Unity, IPCC, HCS, Avaya, CER
- Preferred - Basic experience provisioning Cisco Call Manager and related hardware.
Bachelors or Equivalent
Associates or Equivalent
US-Minnesota-St Paul; US-Virginia-Arlington
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Operations Manager, Technician, Consulting, Engineer, Operations, Technology, Engineering
Website : http://www.centurylink.com/
CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services market by technology industry analyst firms. The Company is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and hosted IT solutions for enterprise customers. CenturyLink provides data, voice and managed services in local, national and select international markets through its high-quality advanced fiber optic network and multiple data centers for businesses and consumers. The company also offers advanced entertainment services under the CenturyLink® Prism™ TV and DIRECTV brands. Headquartered in Monroe, La., CenturyLink is an S&P 500 company and is included among the Fortune 500 list of America's largest corporations.