See more jobs like this
Great client in the Baltimore area looking to add to their Help Desk Team.
Candidates must be open to 2nd and 3rd shift type hours.
1. Performs IT system administration and maintenance. Monitors systems for proper operation and takes appropriate preventive and corrective actions. Maintains configuration and log files.
2. Installs and upgrades software and hardware.
3. Evaluates hardware and software.
4. Resolves user questions and issues.
5. Provide support and training to Institute staff.
6. Coordinates hardware problem resolution with on site and vendor service personnel.
7. Performs problem diagnosis and recovery.
8. Monitors and analyzes use of system resources and makes recommendations for changes.
9. Monitors system security.
11. Documents activities including status and technical reports
12. Stays informed of advances in relevant technologies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Basic knowledge of relevant technical areas.
Performs routine tasks according to established procedures and informs management of issues.
Provides basic user support following established procedures, troubleshoots problems by gathering information and escalating as appropriate, provides user training on basic tasks
Must be experienced with one of the supported operating systems (e. g. Linux, Macintosh, Solaris, Windows) and relevant areas of IT services (e. g. network, storage, security, system administration, user support, etc.)
Experience with Scripting and at least one high level programming language.
Knowledge of networks and network protocols.
Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks required.
Ability to write technical reports.
Ability to work in a team.
Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
5/16/2018 1:50:41 PM