Maine Medical Center
* Position Summary
* The Associate Help Desk Agent role is the first level of a three level career path.
* The Associate Help Desk Agent is an entry level position in Client Systems Support. It is the first point of contact for healthcare clients seeking technical or customer sensitive and responsive support, fault resolution and advice service, which ensures the maximum availability, performance and utilization of information systems across the MaineHealth system. They serve as members of a high performance team providing technical support over the phone, by email, or chat. Help Desk Agents are under the supervision of the Help Desk Supervisor.
* The agent will be required to answer incoming calls within specified service level metrics, and log the detailed specifics of the call into the Ticket Management system. They will either resolve the issue quickly while the customer is on the phone, or they will triage the call to another IS Department for resolution. Call times, resolution rates, and transfer statistics are continuously measured to ensure customers are responded to quickly, and their issues are handled in the most courteous and professional way.
* The Associate Help Desk agent will be responsible for learning a systematic and disciplined approach to problem solving, and learning departmental procedures and call handling standards. While on the job, they will be expected to become familiar with the latest technology in call center equipment and applications. They will apply basic diagnostic techniques to identify problems and escalate problems they are not able to resolve on first contact. They must have a basic knowledge of good customer service principles and practices.
* Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
* High School Diploma or GED required.
* Basic knowledge of desktop and business/technical support systems.
* Basic knowledge of common operating systems and software applications.
* Offers advice to end users and customers on all areas of IT. This will include working as part of a team, in order to share knowledge and work together to increase performance standards.
* Good customer service skills.
* Basic problem solving and critical thinking skills.
* Good structured written and oral communication skills.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Jobs by State
Want to be a sponsor?
One of the country’s consistently highest rated hospitals is right in your own backyard. Maine Medical Center is the state’s premier referral hospital, offering services not available elsewhere, and also serves as a community hospital for Greater Portland. MMC was rated the fourth safest hospital in the U.S. and our nursing staff was recently rated in the top 3 percent in the world for nursing excellence. Which just proves what we’ve always known - in Maine, the grass is greener on both sides of the street.