IT Job Pro
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector management consulting and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,000 professionals in more than 50 offices across North America and in Europe. The firm has five designated practice areas with extensive experience in all 50 states, clients in six Canadian provinces, and a growing practice in Europe. Often combining resources from two or more practice areas, PCG offers clients a multidisciplinary approach to solve their challenges or pursue opportunities. To learn more, visit *****************************. Responsibilities
The Service Desk Specialist’ role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. Incident resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
– Provide excellent customer service to all customers
– Field incoming help requests from end users via a variety of intakes (phone, walkup, email, etc)
– Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of request or incident.
– Build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk customers.
– Prioritize and schedule incidents. Escalate incidents (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
– Record, track, and document the Incidents and requests in the ticketing tool. Ensure all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution have been captured in the ticket.
– Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
– Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
– Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
– Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
– Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
– Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
– Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
– Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
– Identify and escalate critical incidents
– Participate in a afterhours on-call rotation
– 3 Years’ Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows XP Windows 7, Windows 2003, Windows 2008.
– 3 Years supporting Microsoft AD.
– 3 Years supporting Office 2010 Office 2013.
– Familiarity with Exchange 2010.
– Ability to work in a team environment.
– Maintain fax machines, printers, scanners and other networked business machines.
– Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
– Experience supporting multiple models of mobile devices.
– Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
– Strong documentation skills.
– Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
– Experience supporting VOIP telecom devices.
– Basic knowledge of switches and network devices.
– Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
– Highly self motivated and directed.
– Keen attention to detail.
– Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
– Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
– 2 years of related work experience.
– A , Net , MCP or MCDST.
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: 2018-3142
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Public Consulting Group, Inc.
Our commitment to our clients flows from our commitment to our staff. We focus our business endeavors on the public sector because we value the missions and constituents which government agencies serve, and core to our business is the fundamental tenet that all people matter. At PCG, diversity is valued and inclusion is an expectation. We want our teams to reflect the communities we serve and are committed to hiring, retaining, and promoting a diverse staff. This ensures a variety of viewpoints are included in our project work, enhancing not only the culture in our offices around the world, but also improving the level of service we provide to our clients. Contact Info
– Phoenix, AZ
View Company Profile
Don’t miss out on new jobs like this
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Create Job Alert
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.