Patterson-UTI Management Services
IT Help Desk Technician
Oklahoma City, OK, US
Patterson-UTI Management Services
Patterson-UTI Management Services LLC provides administrative support to other subsidiaries of Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc.
The IT Service Desk Technician will ensure proper computer operation so that the Company s end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes setting up personal computers, troubleshooting hardware and software problems, and maintaining network connectivity to applications, intranet, and internet.
This position performs under the direct supervision of the IT Supervisor.
* Provides technical support to users via inbound calls and emails.
* Requires the ability to troubleshoot user support issues such as password resets, desktop issues and application problems.
* Create detailed incident tickets and respond by resolving the issue or escalating to the appropriate queue for resolution.
* Ensures the incident ticket receives frequent and accurate updates as well as timely resolution of the issue.
* Provides assistance through remote tools via PC access capabilities.
* Asks targeted questions to diagnose problems and ability to walk users through issue resolution.
* Ability to guide users through installing applications and computer peripherals.
* Prepares knowledge base articles to document issues and resolutions for incidents.
* Tracks and maintains the number of incidents resolved.
* Other duties as assigned
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills
* Exceptional customer service skills with ability to use tact in handling difficult situations
* Demonstrate strong computer knowledge through effective use of a personal computer as well as Microsoft Office applications and other company specific applications
* Ability to work with an incident ticketing application to resolve computer issues
* Able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients and other external contacts
* Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision to perform job duties
* Be a reliable team player who is proactive and resourceful in resolving IT problems
* Must have a professional demeanor, positive attitude, flexibility and strong interpersonal skills
* Ensure that work is carried out within agreed service levels and in accordance with department guidelines
* Ability to work overtime when required
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent
* Proficient in the navigation and configuration of current Microsoft client operating systems and personal computer hardware
* Proficient in Ethernet networks
* Bachelor s Degree in Information Technology or closely related field
* Previous work experience with ServiceNow incident management system
* Experience with basic network troubleshooting and remediation
* Experience working with: Virtual Desktops, OKTA, AWS Workspaces, Active Directory, Mobile Device Management InTune, Office 365
This job requires the ability to work under time-sensitive deadlines and maintain a calm and professional demeanor when adversity is encountered. It also requires the physical ability to work in office environment including the ability to sit for long periods of time while performing office or computer tasks. The job may require some overtime including weekend or holidays. All applicants must be able to commit to a full-time schedule.
How To Apply
To apply, click the apply now button at the lower right hand corner of the screen and follow the directions.
Employing subsidiaries of Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc. (Patterson-UTI) are equal opportunity employers and maintain a drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected under state, federal, or local law.
Amount of Travel
Work At Home.