SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC
Job ID 2018-10700
# Positions 1
Position Type Permanent
Business Group SolarWinds
SolarWinds mission has been to provide purpose-built software that is designed to make jobs easier for IT professionals, MSPs, and DevOps pros. We offer value-driven products and tools that solve a broad range of IT management challenges - whether those challenges are related to networks, servers, applications, storage, virtualization, cloud or development operations. We are committed to focusing exclusively on IT, MSP, and DevOps professionals and strive to eliminate the complexity that our customers have been forced to accept from traditional enterprise software vendors. As a result, SolarWinds is one of the worlds most award-winning, peer-recommended and continuously-licensed software products year after year.
* The role of the level 2 technical support and part of the 24x7 Global Technical Support team across various geographic location
* Respond to and/or initiate technical troubleshooting sessions with customers, partners, and distributors - via phone, web, email and remote session
* Interact with customers at all levels, with demonstrated ability to communicate with both the technical and management (Network, System, Security, Database Managers) across various industries
* Manage and work support tickets per ITIL best practices
* Maintain working lab systems to facilitate reproduction of customer issues
* Reports to the Technical Support Team Manager
* Coordinate the resolution of technical issues with advanced technical support, development, QA team and escalate issues per standard operating procedure
* Work closely with the Escalation Manager on escalated cases and prioritizing case
* Demonstrate initiative in taking up more complex and challenging cases
* Contribute to the central Knowledge-base (author and edit knowledge base articles)
* Contributes and reviews the product development, design, releases, testing, recommend improvement of features and usability
* Able to work weekend and public holiday (Rotating shift)
* Loves to working in a fast-paced and technically challenging environment
* Working knowledge of SQL, troubleshooting application logs and application support (.Net)
* Strong interpersonal, communication and time management skills.
* Ability to work under pressure (especially during incident/crisis management)
* Good understanding of principles ITIL processes, incident/problem management, network protocols and broad range of IT technology
* At least 3 - 4 years of demonstrated experience in Network Administration/System Administration including experience with installation, service, and administration of a medium to large multi-server environment
* Minimum 3 years supporting and administering network devices and systems including routers, firewalls, switches, wireless access points across various brands (Cisco, Riverbed, Brocade, HP)
* Experience in deploying with various network monitoring systems (Advantages with SolarWinds products and Nagios)
* Knowledge of monitoring protocols like SNMP, WMI,SMI-S, Common Information Model, Performance Counter.
* Knowledge of common network services like DNS, Web Servers (IIS, Apache), FTP Servers, Email Servers, and Database Systems Administration
* Detailed knowledge and demonstrated experience with Operating System logging and reporting concepts
* Demonstrated experience with the Microsoft Windows and Linux platform
* Solid understanding of networking protocols TCP/IP, SMTP, FTP, HTTP, SNMP, Syslog, SSH etc.
* Passionate and ability to learn new technologies
* Experience in a 24/7/365 work schedule environment
* Professional certifications are a plus: CCNA, MCSE, VCP, SCP, etc.
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent education and/or work experience
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC
Website : http://www.solarwinds.com
Since our founding in 1999, SolarWinds’ mission has been to provide purpose-built products that are designed to make IT professionals’ jobs easier. We offer value-driven products and tools that solve a broad range of IT management challenges – whether those challenges are related to networks, servers, applications, storage or virtualization. We distinguish ourselves by refusing to accept the status quo established by most other enterprise software vendors. Face it: The vast majority of IT management tools today are difficult to use, expensive, and really do not address the realities of today’s real-world IT management challenges. Sadly, IT pros have resigned themselves to accept this as just another part of the job. But we do not think enterprise software has to be as complicated as its made out to be. At SolarWinds, we are fanatical about putting our users first in everything we do. We strive every day to deliver powerful functionality that is easy to use with one of the fastest and longest lasting ROIs in the market. Our approach is to deliver "unexpected simplicity" and redefine the expectations IT Pros have for enterprise software.