A top, medical device company headquartered in Irvine is seeking a Desktop Support to join its team! This is a W-2 contract role.
Summary: The position is primarily responsible for the installation of all desktop and laptop computers. These responsibilities include comprehensible knowledge of software and PC hardware knowledge, repair, testing, and troubleshooting, and hardware installation/configuration.
• Install PC's and related hardware
• Responsible for tracking hardware and software inventory
• Perform basic diagnostic testing to determine root cause
• Install and support remote access to the local network via VPN over the Internet
• Work on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations
• SOPs will be provided; however, employee normally receives no instructions on routine work or general instructions on new assignments and will be required to work independently to complete work orders
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
4 to 6 years' experience in a desktop support environment (Windows 7, MS Office, and Dell/Lenovo hardware)
A High School diploma is required
Imaging and heavy building/deploying experience required
Excellent customer service skills are necessary for this role
Hands-on computer hardware and software troubleshooting
Desktop Imaging Experience
Experience connecting computers to a wired and wireless network
Installing applications and peripherals, storage devices and drives
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Has worked in a large enterprise ITIL based environment with 1000 or more onsite users preferred
Website : http://www.ultimatestaffing.com/
Ultimate Staffing Services and its sister divisions, Ledgent (accounting and finance staffing), Ledgent Technology (technology professionals) and Adams & Martin Group (legal staffing) recognize that we have a unique opportunity to do something special. Our company is a vehicle for many to enhance lives. The ability to fulfill our promise, "We love to create remarkable experiences, every person, every time®", is an ambitious goal and within our reach. The passion that resonates from our coworkers, Ambassadors and customers as we fulfill this promise defines this journey and propels us into the future