Tokio Marine HCC
Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Spain and Ireland, transacting business in approximately 180 countries and underwriting more than 100 classes of specialty insurance. Tokio Marine HCC products and capabilities set the standard for the industry, and many of the Company's almost 2,600 employees are industry-leading experts.
We have an exciting opportunity for a HelpDesk - Service Center Specialist
in our Corporate Headquarters located in Houston, TX.
Under supervision, provide prompt and accurate response to and diagnose problems through discussions with users on a variety of issues. Identify, research, and resolve moderately complex technical problems. Respond to telephone calls, email, and personnel requests for technical support as well as document, track, and monitor the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
Relying on limited experience and knowledge, the Service Center Specialist is responsible for accomplishing the following assignments. These assignments are varied in nature.
* Assist internal users with computer software and hardware problems.
* Interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problems.
* Simulate or recreate user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
* Recommend system modifications to reduce user problems.
* Document common problems and resolutions and submit to IT knowledge repository.
* User support and troubleshoot function on all IT related activities.
* Take a lead role in creation and cataloging of knowledge articles.
* Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
* Ensure the timely process through which problems are controlled including problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps.
* Build training materials and documents for new services and application roll-outs.
* Maintain currency and high level of technical skill in field of expertise.
* Provide high level of customer service to users in an efficient and easy to understand manner.
Position Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
* Associate's degree in Computer Science or a related field or the equivalent education and/or experience
* Certifications from Help Desk Institute (HDI), COMPTIA A , ITIL, and/or Microsoft preferred
* Minimum of two years of relevant and progressive professional experience with a minimum of one year experience in a Service Center environment
* Experience with some Ticket Tracking System
* Prior Helpdesk experience preferred
* Well-versed in principles of IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
* Possess and have ability to apply knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures
* Solid written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
* Advanced organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
* Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates and technical developments related to applicable area of the Company's business to proactively respond to changing business environment
* Intermediate proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office Package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
Tokio Marine HCC group of companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC group of companies is an equal-opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com
for more information about our companies.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Houston. Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process
Tokio Marine HCC
Website : https://www.tmhcc.com/
With offices around the world and underwriting more than 100 classes of specialty insurance, Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group. Our products and capabilities set the standard for the industry, and many of the Company’s almost 2,500 employees are industry-leading experts. Since its founding in 1974, we have achieved an outstanding record of growth and profitability.