Looking for a rewarding and challenging career with a dynamic, growing organization? Phacil is your answer. We have an immediate need for a Help Desk Technician to support an important government customer in Quantico, Virginia.
Clearance Level (Required to Start): Secret
Daily Job Responsibilities :
* Enterprise Service Desk provides onsite incident resolution to HQ personnel and remote assistance to offsite locations.
* Currently, the Network and Service Desk Hours of Operation (EST) are as follows: (1) Onsite incident resolution, Monday-Friday, 0600-2200 (a minimum of one (1) Service Desk and one (1) System Administration person during the hours of 0600-2200); and (2) On-call (after hours, weekends, and holidays) (Government provided duty-phone, 24x7x365).
* Staff and operate RCEN, Service Desk and MCRISS applications (Tier-1) support in a way that ensures appropriate onsite and remote coverage for the RCEN during the Government's core work hours, on-call requirements, surge requirements and authorized outages.
* Process and resolved RCEN network issues and elevate MCRISS issues to MCRIESS (Tier-2) service desk for local and remote users.
* Ensure that user accounts are created in accordance with Information Assurance Operational Standard (IA OPSTD) 002 Access Control Policy (See Attachment 2).
* Upgrade Remedy as necessary and maintain the system and its modules (include description of experience with Remedy and identify proposed personnel who have relevant Remedy experience) to exploit new feature sets and address vulnerabilities critical to the RCEN and in support of RCEN users.
* Maintain the Remedy Knowledge Database and contribute to documented solutions contained therein.
* BMC Remedy or similar ticket system.
* Microsoft Active Directory and Office suite.
* Must be able to learn and support new and quickly-changing technologies.
* Ability to research solutions or information regarding technical issues.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Good work habits under pressure.
* Familiarity with a wide range of standard office automation products.
* High energy level.
* Detail oriented.
* Must have a good command of the English language in order to provide effective phone, desk-side, and email support.
Preferred Skills :
* High School diploma with coursework towards a Bachelor's degree and 4 - 5 years of help desk experience.
* Meet or exceed DoD 8570.1 requirements as follows: Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II which consists of either: Security CE, GSEC, or SSCP.
Degree Required/Equivalent Experience w/o degree :
High School plus advanced training, and 1 - 3 years of experience.
Certification Requirements :
* Security 2. MCP , within 6 months of Hire
Travel Requirement (e.g. 10%): N/A
Any additional info regarding work environment (e.g. core hours, shift work, remote work, flex time, etc.):
* Shift Schedules
6am-2 pm, 10am-6pm, 2pm-10pm
* Instances of working remotely from home would be when there is base closures or inclement weather
Phacil is a leading employee-owned provider of mission-focused, results-driven technology solutions to the Federal Government. With consistent focus on technical excellence, exceptional contract performance, and quality results, customers have come to trust Phacil to solve their most complex challenges. Phacil's diverse range of mission-focused solutions in Software Services, Systems Engineering, Integration & Operations (SEI&O), Cybersecurity, and Service Desk operations enables our team of over 800 technical professionals to effectively serve our customers throughout the U.S. and overseas.
Phacil continually strives for performance excellence as evidenced by corporate certifications, such as ISO 9001:2015 and ISO/IEC 27001:2013, performing certified ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 and CMMI Maturity Level 3 (for both Development and Services) work on Contracts. Phacil has won numerous awards including the Coalition for Government Procurement's Excellence in Partnership and Tech Council of MD's Contracting Firm of the Year, as well as rankings on Washington Business Journal's Top Government Technology Contractors and CRN Solution Provider 500.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status