Albertsons-Safeway Company is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300 stores. The Albertsons-Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Field Services Technician III. This position is located in Chicago, Illinois.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Support standard hardware platforms and systems installed throughout Safeway.
• Repair all approved standard technology hardware including PC/Server hardware, Network hardware, RF hardware, and printers.
• Provide complete recoverability of systems and applications.
• Trouble shoot resolution.
• Installation of new hardware and software.
• Provide customers with IT support; meet goals for service level agreements.
• Provide network and remote connectivity (hardware/software) support.
• Maintain equipment inventory controls and policies.
• Work with Support Center (STSC) on assignment of problems, support issues and concerns with computer systems.
• Interface with all Corporate IT groups for on-site support and technology resolutions.
• Adhere to repair standards and service levels established.
• Driving required for this Zone Service Area.
• High school graduate, BA/BS degree preferred or 3 year's technical/training/hardware certifications preferred.
• Information Technology project implementation exposure with 5 year's technical systems and 2 years of technical support experience.
• 2 years retail business experience preferred.
• 2 years' experience with retail store systems, technology systems and hardware preferred.
• 2 years' experience with installation and configuration of desktop and peripheral technology preferred.
• Excellent telephone, customer service and problem-solving skills with the ability to gather important information to resolve high pressure issues/situations (for remote locations)
• Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively present technical information and tailor responses for customer understanding.
• Working knowledge of IT hardware, installation models and Windows, MS Office and related applications.
• Demonstrated ability to follow written/verbal instructions, defines problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and be a strong collaborative partner in a matrixed organization.
• Demonstrated ability to learn beyond formal training with a strong aptitude for delivering quality products under minimal supervision.
• Understanding of how hardware/software systems inter-relate.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment, some twisting and turning with equipment installs.
• Must have a good, safe driving record. Must have a vehicle.
• Solid mechanical skills.
• Flexibility to work a variety of shifts, day, evening and overnight in a 24/7 on call support capacity.
• Strong sense of urgency, business ethics, dependability and follow through.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting careersatsafeway.com
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons-Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons-Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace - all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Website : http://www.safeway.com
In 1915, M.B. Skaggs, an ambitious young man in the small Idaho town of American Falls, purchased a tiny grocery store from his father. M.B.'s business strategy, to give his customers value and to expand by keeping a narrow profit margin, proved spectacularly successful. By 1926 he was opening 428 Skaggs stores in 10 states. M.B. almost doubled the size of his business that year when he merged his company with 322 Safeway (formerly Selig) stores and incorporated as Safeway, Inc. Two years later M.B. listed Safeway on the New York Stock Exchange. M.B. did not let the difficulties of the Great Depression dilute his pioneering focus on value for customers. In the 1930s Safeway introduced produce pricing by the pound, adding “sell by” dates on perishables to assure freshness, nutritional labeling, even some of the first parking lots.